Chapter Military Scholarship
Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
2018 Scholarship Opportunities
Central Maryland Chapter – Education Foundation
2018 Military Scholarship Award
Purpose: AFCEA Central Maryland Chapter seeks to award STEM scholarships with a focus on Cyber to enlisted service members for their past achievements and to aid them in accomplishing their career goals.
Award: Each scholarship award amount is determined by the funds available and the request for each enlisted service member based on the classes that they are taking and the gap between what the Government pays and what remains for the enlisted service member to cover. Scholarships can be used to achieve education goals at an accredited university or college of their choice anywhere in the nation.
Criteria: Applicants must:
- Be an academically-competitive, well-rounded, active duty, enlisted service member of the Armed Forces in good standing.
- Be serving in the Fort Meade, Maryland, area supporting NSA or U.S. Cyber Command.
- Have a cumulative college GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be engaged in a career field where a STEM field of study is supportive of national defense (i.e., engineering, math, computers, cyber, or IT or any major that addresses electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, information technology, cyber, mathematics, physics, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering – and can apply their studies directly to the Intelligence Community.
Please see the attached letter and flyer for additional details on the information to be submitted and how to submit your application. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sample Application: 2018
- Scholarship Letter to Service Members: 2018
- Military Scholarship Flyer: 2018
All interested enlisted service members must submit their completed applications online by February 1, 2018 to be considered for this scholarship opportunity. Applications are currently being accepted via this link.